Come support your Porter County 4-H members at the Celebration Sale. The Celebration Sale is a livestock auction that is the culmination of all the 4-H members’ hard work throughout the year in their livestock projects. This is the time when the animals they have cared for all year long will be sold to the public at the highest bid.
We need buyers like you to show your support. There are many benefits to becoming a buyer. By purchasing an animal at the Celebration Sale, you will not only be supporting Porter County 4-H, but you will also receive free advertising as a buyer in the local newspapers and at the fairgrounds.
Become a Buyer
It is easy to become a buyer. Just send your name, business name, address, and phone number to one of the Auction Team Members listed below to be added to the buyers list!
Auction Committee Team Members
David & Martha Sharp
Sharp9093@aol.com or 464-2421
Todd and Evelyn Ames
Prior to Auction
Approximately 3-4 weeks before the fair you will receive a reserved Parking Pass and Pre-Auction Banquet Dinner Tickets for two.
Before the Auction you will pick-up your exclusive buyer number at the Sale. If desired, assistant buyers will be available to guide you during your bidding and the auction process. A second set of ears is often helpful!
Our courteous staff will also assist with arranging for resale of your animal or processing.
Note: You do not need to be present to purchase animals at the Celebration Sale if a money advance is provided.
Benefits of Becoming a Buyer
- Free Admission to the Fair on Sale Night
- Free Reserve Parking Area
- Free Dinner at Pre-Auction Banquet for Two People
- 4-H Celebration Sale Ribbon for Display at Your Business
- Name Projected on Screen at Auction
- Name Announced by Auctioneer at time of purchase
- Newspaper Coverage of all buyers prior to next years fair
- The Celebration Sale is a non- profit organization, all expenses paid above market price are tax deductible
- Community and Business Networking Opportunities
- Champion Buyers receive a picture of themselves with the animal they purchased
Other Benefits include:
- The personal reward of supporting a great group of kids
- A wonderful way to spend a beautiful night at the County Fair
- When processed for your use, top quality hand fed freezer meat
- It’s the most fun you can have while advertising your business
After Purchasing an Animal
You don’t have to take the animal home!
Our pleasant check-out staff will guide you through the process to make other arrangements. Local processors are available to assist with your animals
You may elect to:
Re-sell your animal to a processor for a guaranteed market price
- This price is published in the sale bill on the night of the auction
- You pay only the difference between your purchase price and the market price.
- See examples of Advertising Values
Request your animal be processed for personal freezer meat
Processors will haul your animal when the fair is over. They will call you for instructions on how you would like your meat cut and prepared. They will have suggestions and assist with decisions if you are unsure. They will call you again when the meat is ready for pick-up. There is an additional charge made by the meat packers for processing and wrapping freezer meat.
Local Processors include:
- Sims Meat Processing – Kingsbury
- Hanford Packing Company – Thayer
- The Butcher Block, Inc. – Lowell
Other Ways to Support the 4-H Celebration Sale Livestock Auction
The exhibitors of the Porter County 4-H clubs greatly appreciate your support. They have been raising their animals for 5-10 months. Beyond the lessons of animal care, the 4-H exhibitors learn a strong work ethic, responsibility, dedication to a long term task and leadership skills.
We want you to join us and enjoy this outstanding Community Event. However, if you cannot attend, there are several other ways you can support the quality kids of the Porter County 4-H Livestock Program.
The 4-H Celebration Sale can be supported by:
Joining a Buyers Group
- Each Township has a buyer group that pools money to support their local kids.
- Kiwanis and Rotary Clubs have also established buyer groups.
- You could even start your own among friends or business associates.
- Contact Cheri Birky at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Sponsoring our Pre-Auction Banquet
- You business name will be prominently displayed at the dinner, in the Auction Arena and announced during the evening.
- Contact Martha Sharp at Sharp9093@aol.com
- Minimum sponsorship level is $250.00
- An Auction Team Member will bid for you up to a predetermined specified amount.
- You may even designate a specific exhibitor’s animal on which we should bid.
- Your contribution may be combined with another bidder for greater impact and potentially better advertising opportunities.
- You get the same advertising value as doing it yourself, but not nearly as much fun!
- Used where it will make the greatest impact on all the kids in the program.
- Donations of any size would be greatly appreciated.
The Auction begins at 6:00 pm and generally is complete by 10:30 pm.
The following order of species is followed:
- Dairy Steer